- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
Victorian Town House
At a Glance
- serene surroundings near Water of Leith
- gracious staff
- no parking nearby
- distance from Old Town
Check Rates from our Partners
Victorian Town House Review
In a leafy crescent, this handsome house once belonged to a cousin of Robert Louis Stevenson, and the celebrated writer would doubtless be happy to lay his head in this good-value B&B. The public spaces retain original features—including beautiful fireplaces and ornate cornices—the writer would have enjoyed. The bright and spacious rooms have a quirky mix of Edwardian and modern furnishings and artworks. Those who don't sleep so easy will appreciate crystal decanter with just enough whisky to send you off.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more