- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- the advice and thoughtfulness of the owner
- spacious rooms
- stairs are difficult to manage
- an uphill walk to the city center
- no credit cards
Check Rates from our Partners
Gerald's Place Review
Although he is not a native of the city, Gerald Della-Porta is one of those B&B owners to whom Edinburgh owes so much. Forget the clichés—you really are welcomed into his home and treated like a most honored guest. The rooms are furnished in classic style, with huge beds, fresh flowers, and original artwork (much of it for sale). A block beyond Queen Street, this lodging has a very central location. Breakfast around the big table is a communal affair, and the food is healthier than at most places.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more