- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- friendly staff
- not pretentious
- great bar and restaurant
- decor may be too loud for some
Check Rates from our Partners
Rutland Hotel Review
The building may have once been the residence of Sir Joseph Lister—known as the "father of antiseptic surgery"—but there's nothing clinical about this acclaimed boutique hotel at the west end of Princes Street. Nominated for several style awards, the design is chic without being intimidating. Guest rooms have flamboyant fabrics and classic furnishings like Barcelona chairs. A luxury apartment provides a stylish and flexible option for a family or two couples traveling together. The gourmet steak restaurant is earning a fine reputation.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Well, thanks to everyone's help, I've got all our accommodations booked except our last night. Read more