- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
Number One Review
Clublike but unstuffy, this basement restaurant with a thoughtful layout perfect for intimate dining serves the best of Scottish seafood and meat within the Edwardian splendor of the Balmoral Hotel. The regular three-course prix-fixe is £68; for special occasions, choose the chef's six-course tasting menu with amuse-bouche delights, gourmet breads, and exquisite creations highlighting west coast scallops, halibut, monkfish, beef, and lamb for £75. Desserts include a rich, bitter chocolate and orange soufflé and the lighter, candy-store-inspired hibiscus panna cotta. Service is impeccable and friendly.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more