- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- impressive building
- elegant feel
- great location
- not as immaculate as it was
- bar can be rowdy at night
- a long way from the center of town
Check Rates from our Partners
Once a seamen's hostel, Edinburgh's link in the pioneering boutique hotel chain draws a refined clientele. A dramatic black-and-taupe color scheme prevails in the public areas. King-size beds, CD players, free Wi-Fi, and digital TVs fill the bedrooms. Tartan designs and shades of heather dominate the standard rooms, while suites have bolder fabrics and colors. The French theme of the hotel is emphasized in the bar and brasserie.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more