- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Caledonian, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel
At a Glance
- service with a smile
- good breakfast choice
- Internet access is extra
- may lack the "wow factor" for some
Check Rates from our Partners
The Caledonian, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Review
An imposing block of red sandstone beyond the west end of West Princes Street Gardens, "The Caley" has imposing Victorian decor and beautifully restored interiors. Built between 1898 and 1902 as the flagship hotel of the Caledonian Railway, its public areas have marbled green columns and an ornate stairwell with a burnished-metalwork balustrade. Now a Waldorf Astoria hotel, the hotel's elegant guest rooms are sumptuous and understated. But it's the two superb restaurants—La Pompadour and Galvin Brasserie De Luxe—that stand out.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
We have decided on a London/Cotswolds trip,in late sept this year. Read more