- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- big and beautiful building
- top-hatted doorman
- quality bathroom goodies
- small pool
- spa books up fast
- restaurants can be very busy
Check Rates from our Partners
Balmoral Hotel Review
The attention to detail in the elegant rooms—colors were picked to echo the country's heathers and moors—and the sheer élan that has re-created the Edwardian splendor of this grand, former railroad hotel make staying at the Balmoral a special introduction to Edinburgh. Here, below the landmark clock tower marking the east end of Princes Street, the lively buzz makes you feel as if you're at the center of city life. The hotel's main restaurant is the plush and clubby Number One, serving excellent Scottish seafood and game. A whisky bar serves more than 400 malts and blends accompanied by unusual bar snacks. If you overindulge, recuperate at the luxurious spa.
- Address: 1 Princes St., New Town, Edinburgh, EH2 2EQ | Map It
- Phone: 0131/556–2414
- Website: https://www.roccofortehotels.com/hotels-and-resorts/the-balmoral-hotel/
- Location: New Town
- 168 rooms, 20 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team Read more
On June 4th I am flying into Charles de Gaulle Airport, 95700 Roissy-en-France around 8am. Read more