- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dalmeny House Review
The first of the stately houses clustered on the western edge of Edinburgh, Dalmeny House is the home of the earl and countess of Rosebery. This 1815 Tudor Gothic mansion displays among its sumptuous contents the best of the family's famous collection of 18th-century French furniture. Highlights include the library, the Napoléon Room, the Vincennes and Sevres porcelain collections, and the drawing room, with its tapestries and intricately wrought French furniture. Admission is only by guided tour.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2386 & up -- Scotland: 6-Nt. Trip w/5-Star Hotels & Air Great Value Vacations
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1555 & up -- Scotland 6-Nt. Bed & Breakfast Escape w/Air — $1,555 Sceptre Tours
- $1606 & up -- Scotland & Ireland 8-Nt. B&B Escape w/Air — $1,606 Great Value Vacations
Back a week ago Friday and am finally caught up, ready to start the TR.
Background: Some you have read my trip report of last year's journey to scatter Mom and Dad's ashes at the Lake of Menteith, tou Read more
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
I thnk I can figure out London! Read more