- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- quiet surroundings
- knowledgeable staff
- some rooms are small
- narrow passageways
- uphill walk to the city center
Check Rates from our Partners
Inverleith Hotel Review
Across from the Royal Botanical Gardens, this renovated Victorian town house has cozy, well-lighted rooms with velour bedspreads, dark-wood furniture, and pale-gold curtains. In winter, when the surrounding trees lose their leaves, a couple of the south-facing rooms have views of the castle. The reception doubles as a private bar for guests and sells a fine selection of malt whiskies. Several good restaurants and cafés are nearby.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more