- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
Camera Obscura and World of Illusions
Camera Obscura and World of Illusions Review
Want to view Edinburgh as Victorian travelers once did? Then head for the 17th-century Outlook Tower's camera obscura, where an optical instrument—a sort of projecting periscope—affords bird's-eye views of the whole city (on a clear day, that is) illuminated onto a concave table. The tower was significantly altered in the 1850s with the installation of the telescopic "magic lantern." Other attractions include a Magic Gallery with optical illusions, holograms, pin-hole photography, and rooftop views.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I now have two days to fill .... driving between St Ives and London in July. Looking at Wales which is a totally unknown for me. Would like to find a lovely hotel for those two nights but have no idea where Read more