- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Edinburgh Zoo Review
Children love to visit the some 1,000 animals that live in Edinburgh Zoo. You can even handle some of the animals from April to September. In late 2011, two giant pandas—Tian Tian and Yang Gaung—became the talk of the town when they were flown in from China. Free 20-minute viewing sessions must be booked in advance. The ever-popular Penguin Parade begins at 2:15 (but since penguin participation is totally voluntary, the event is unpredictable). The zoo spreads over an 80-acre site on the slopes of Corstorphine Hill. Take buses 12, 26, or 31.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2386 & up -- Scotland: 6-Nt. Trip w/5-Star Hotels & Air Great Value Vacations
- $1799 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1555 & up -- Scotland 6-Nt. Bed & Breakfast Escape w/Air — $1,555 Sceptre Tours
- $1606 & up -- Scotland & Ireland 8-Nt. B&B Escape w/Air — $1,606 Great Value Vacations
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
My 19yo DS is studying in London for 6 weeks and then hosteling in Europe for 10 days. Read more