- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- nice mix of old and new
- many original fittings
- hearty breakfasts
- a long walk to the city center
- not all rooms have en-suite bathrooms
Check Rates from our Partners
The Conifers Review
This small B&B in a red-sandstone town house north of the New Town offers simple, traditionally decorated rooms and warm hospitality. Framed prints of old Edinburgh adorn walls done up in pale hues. The owners, Liz and David, have a wealth of knowledge about what to see and do in Edinburgh. There's a healthy choice at breakfast for carnivores and vegetarians alike.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more