- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Edinburgh Festival Fringe
Edinburgh Festival Fringe Review
While the world's largest fringe festival is going on, most of the city center becomes one huge performance area, with fire eaters, sword swallowers, unicyclists, jugglers, string quartets, jazz groups, stand-up comics, and magicians all thronging into High Street and Princes Street. Every available performance space—church halls, community centers, parks, sports fields, putting greens, and nightclubs—is utilized for every kind of event, with something for all tastes. Many events are free, while others cost £2 to £15. During festival time—roughly the same as the Edinburgh International Festival—it's possible to arrange your own entertainment program from morning to midnight.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
My sister, daughter, and I have planned a September/October trip consisting of five nights in London (where we have all been before), train to York for one night, and then train on to Edinburgh for a week Read more