Soccer in Edinburgh and the Lothians
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Like Glasgow, Edinburgh is soccer-mad, and there's an intense rivalry between the city's two professional teams. Remember, the game is called football in Britain. Heart of Midlothian Football Club. The Heart of Midlothian Football Club, better known as the Hearts, plays in maroon and white and is based at Tynecastle. Tynecastle Stadium, McLeod St., Edinburgh, EH11 2NL. 0871/663–1874. www.heartsfc.co.uk.
Hibernian Club. Known as the Hibs, the green-bedecked Hibernian Club plays its home matches at Easter Road Stadium. Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Pl., Edinburgh, EH7 5QG. 0131/661–2159. www.hibernianfc.co.uk.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe