- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A long-distance Scottish Citylink service connects Glasgow and Fort William. Inverness is also well served from the central belt of Scotland. For bargain-priced coach transport between the main cities of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth, Dundee, Aberdeen, and Inverness, contact Megabus (book online to avoid phone charges).
There's limited service available within the Great Glen area and some local service running from Fort William. Highland Country Buses serves the Great Glen and around Fort William. A number of postbus services will help get you to the more remote corners of the area. A timetable is available from Royal Mail Post Buses.
Stagecoach Highlands (01463/233371. www.stagecoachbus.com.)
Megabus (0900/160-0900. www.megabus.com.)
Royal Mail Post Buses (0845/7740740. www.royalmail.com.)
Scottish Citylink (0871/266-3333. www.citylink.co.uk.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe