- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Glengarry Castle Hotel
At a Glance
- atmospheric building and gardens
- good-value take-out lunches
- family rooms available
- no elevator
Check Rates from our Partners
Glengarry Castle Hotel Review
Tucked away in Invergarry, this rambling baronial mansion is just south of Loch Ness and within easy reach of the Great Glen's most popular sights. The alluringly old-fashioned rooms have traditional Victorian decor; some more expensive rooms have superb views over Loch Oich. The restaurant serves delicious four-course dinners—modern Scottish cuisine, such as roast lamb with minted peas and port jus, or guinea fowl with raspberry and almond cream. On the grounds are the ruins of Invergarry Castle, a seat of the MacDonnell clan. The hotel entrance is south of the junction of A82 and A87.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
I am planning to backpack some parts of Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more