- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fort Augustus and Loch Ness
A bustling small town at the head of the Caledonian Canal and on the banks of Loch Ness, Fort Augustus is a great place to begin walking and cycling excursions, or to sit by the canal locks watching boats sail between Loch Ness and Loch Laggan.
Fort Augustus and Loch Ness at a Glance
Elsewhere in Around the Great Glen
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe