- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Once a quiet junction on the Highland Railway, Aviemore now has all the brashness and concrete boxiness of a year-round holiday resort. It's near some lovely country that's perfect for walking and kayaking in summer and skiing in winter.
Be forewarned: this region can get very cold above 3,000 feet, and weather conditions can change rapidly, even in the middle of summer.
Aviemore at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Around the Great Glen
- Boat of Garten
- Culloden Moor
- Fort Augustus and Loch Ness
- Fort George
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe