- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Caledonian MacBrayne runs ferries to Tiree via Coll, four times a week (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday). You can also fly here from Glasgow on Flybe or from Oban on Highland Airways. On Tiree, the Royal Mail postbus (which carries mail and passengers) runs an infrequent service around the island; there is a shared taxi service (01879/220311), which you should book ahead of your arrival. An alternative is to rent a bike from Skerryvore House (01879/220268).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe