- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- good food and views
- you're pretty isolated, so it helps to have a car
Check Rates from our Partners
A location on the edge of the village and overlooking Loch Fyne distinguishes this stone Victorian house set in lovely gardens. The small hotel was once the home of Wind in the Willows author Kenneth Grahame, and the rooms are traditional in style. The cottage has a kitchen and can be rented by the week. Nearby is the yacht-filled eastern basin of the Crinan Canal. Charlotte Nicol's hearty home cooking using local ingredients is well worth a stay, whether you're a carnivore or a vegetarian. It's worth booking ahead for the three-course dinner.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Thanks to all for your suggestions on a previous topic. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more