- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The road from Blackwaterfoot to Lochranza exposes another face of Arran: muddy, rocky beaches line one side, while the other has views of the sweeping slopes up to Goat Fell and Caisteal Abhail (2,735 feet), whose stark granite peaks dominate the skyline of the north of the island. The variety of bird life here is striking, which is why ornithologists flock to Arran in the off-season.
Arran's only distillery, the sparkling Isle of Arran Distillery, is in Lochranza, nestled in the hills overlooking Lochranza Bay.
Elsewhere in Argyll and the Isles
- Easdale and the Slate Islands
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe