- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A charming little village with the odd distinction of having the only 12-hole golf course in the world, Blackwaterfoot is dominated by the rather ugly Kinloch Hotel, which caters mainly to coach groups. The village stands at one end of the String Road, which bisects the island. King's Cave is 2 miles beyond the village; it's one of the many places where Robert the Bruce, king of Scotland, is said to have been inspired to keep fighting the English after a series of defeats by watching a spider spin its web.
Elsewhere in Argyll and the Isles
- Easdale and the Slate Islands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's