Mortlach Church Review
Set in a hollow by the Dullan Water, Mortlach Church is thought to be one of Scotland's oldest Christian sites, perhaps founded by St. Luag, a contemporary of St. Columba, as early as AD 566. Note the weathered Pictish cross in the churchyard and the even older stone under cover in the vestibule, with a strange Pictish elephantlike beast carved on it. Though much of the church was rebuilt after 1876, some early work survives, including three lancet windows from the 13th century and a leper's squint (a hole extended to the outside of the church so that lepers could hear the service but be kept away from the rest of the congregation).
- Address: Church St., Dufftown, AB55 4ER
- Location: Dufftown