- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
W St. Petersburg
At a Glance
- superb location
- nice pool and spa
- beautiful rooftop terrace and other exciting public spaces
- Some rooms are small and not all have views
- standards aren't as high as at some other W hotels
- a bit sceney for those looking for a quiet retreat
Check Rates from our Partners
W St. Petersburg Review
The hip international chain has treated the historic city center to some modern indulgence, along with spectacular views from many of the stylish rooms that take in nearby sights: St. Isaac's Cathedral, the Hermitage, and other landmarks. The lively bar, rooftop terrace, and Alain Ducasse restaurant are the places to be seen these days, and guests enjoy a luxurious spa, a fitness center, indoor pool, and many other amenities.
Chic White Nights
The W St Petersbug introduced its signature tech-savvy hotel chic to the imperial Russian city's hotel scene last spring and quickly became the go-to spot for the hobnobbing jetset. Whereas its rivals complement the city's renowned architectural gems with somber, ornate interiors, the W frames its close-ups of the Admiralty and St. Isaac's Cathedral with high-tech gadgetry and luminous contemporary installations by Jacopo Foggini and Bruno Rainaldi. The hotel is unabashedly young at heart, with 137 whimsical, Fabergé-egg-themed rooms; sophisticated, Italian-designed gym; and seemingly non-stop fashion events and parties that attract locals and visitors alike. These, combined with the vast Bliss spa, restaurant helmed by Michelin-starred chef Alain Ducasse, and trendy Terrace rooftop bar, make W the ultimate White Nights pied-a-terre.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more