- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
Imperial Porcelain Manufactory (Imperatorsky Farfory Zavod)
Imperial Porcelain Manufactory (Imperatorsky Farfory Zavod) Review
One of the most famous porcelain manufacturers in Russia, this factory was founded in St. Petersburg in 1744 to serve the imperial family. You'll come across Imperial Porcelain shops on Nevsky prospekt and elsewhere in the city, as well as in Moscow, but this shop at the factory is an especially well-stocked source for the world-famous hand-painted cobalt-blue china. There's also a porcelain museum here that's part of the Hermitage's holdings.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more