- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- good transport links
- many services in the hotel and nearby
- an interesting look at Soviet style
- modest, functional, and aging quickly
- hardly any free extras beyond breakfast
- some rooms are noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
This gargantuan Soviet-era hostelry is a thowback to a different era, and though the rooms are hardly sophisticated or fancy they're neat and clean—some have views of the Neva River—and public areas are lively and filled with greenery. A shopping mall and the metro are adjacent, as is the entrance to the 18th-century Alexander Nevsky Lavra monastery. That's about it for sights, though, and it's a bit of a hike to any of the city's major museums and landmarks.
- Address: 2 pl. Alexandra Nevskogo, Vladimirskaya, St. Petersburg, 193317 | Map It
- Phone: 812/333–2444
- Website: www.hotel-moscow.ru
- Metro: Ploshchad Alexandra Nevskovo.
- Location: Vladimirskaya (Lower Nevsky Prospekt)
- 733 rooms, 67 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi, I need to figure out a daytime train from Moscow to St Petersburg. Read more
· News & Features
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours?... Read more