- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
At a Glance
- good transport links
- many services in the hotel and nearby
- an interesting look at Soviet style
- modest, functional, and aging quickly
- hardly any free extras beyond breakfast
- some rooms are noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
This gargantuan Soviet-era hostelry is a thowback to a different era, and though the rooms are hardly sophisticated or fancy they're neat and clean—some have views of the Neva River—and public areas are lively and filled with greenery. A shopping mall and the metro are adjacent, as is the entrance to the 18th-century Alexander Nevsky Lavra monastery. That's about it for sights, though, and it's a bit of a hike to any of the city's major museums and landmarks.
- Address: 2 pl. Alexandra Nevskogo, Vladimirskaya, St. Petersburg, 193317 | Map It
- Phone: 812/333–2444
- Website: www.hotel-moscow.ru
- Metro: Ploshchad Alexandra Nevskovo.
- Location: Vladimirskaya (Lower Nevsky Prospekt)
- 733 rooms, 67 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more