- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
At a Glance
- good transport links
- many services in the hotel and nearby
- an interesting look at Soviet style
- modest, functional, and aging quickly
- hardly any free extras beyond breakfast
- some rooms are noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
This gargantuan Soviet-era hostelry is a thowback to a different era, and though the rooms are hardly sophisticated or fancy they're neat and clean—some have views of the Neva River—and public areas are lively and filled with greenery. A shopping mall and the metro are adjacent, as is the entrance to the 18th-century Alexander Nevsky Lavra monastery. That's about it for sights, though, and it's a bit of a hike to any of the city's major museums and landmarks.
- Address: 2 pl. Alexandra Nevskogo, Vladimirskaya, St. Petersburg, 193317 | Map It
- Phone: 812/333–2444
- Website: www.hotel-moscow.ru
- Metro: Ploshchad Alexandra Nevskovo.
- Location: Vladimirskaya (Lower Nevsky Prospekt)
- 733 rooms, 67 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Have a brief trip to St. Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more