- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
Astoria (Otel Astoria)
At a Glance
- beautiful location
- classy dining
- stylish surroundings
- sky-high prices
- frequent security checks due to VIPs
- a bit far from the metro
- no pool but use of one at nearby hotel
Check Rates from our Partners
Astoria (Otel Astoria) Review
An art-nouveau landmark, one of St. Petersburg's most renowned hotels before the Revolution, is once again a luxurious place to stay, with magnificently decorated guest quarters overlooking St. Isaac's Square through tall windows. Downstairs, lovely lounges are filled with antiques, the Davidoff restaurant serves Russian classics, and a spa and fitness center are state of the art. A staff well accustomed to attending to celebrities and heads of state delivers service fit for royalty.
- Address: 39 ul. Bolshaya Morskaya, Admiralteisky, St. Petersburg, 190000 | Map It
- Phone: 812/494–5757
- Website: www.thehotelastoria.com
- Metro: Sennaya Ploshchad, Spasskaya, Sadovaya, or Admiralteyskaya.
- Location: Admiralteisky
- 81 rooms, 87 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Have a brief trip to St. Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more