- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
Astoria (Otel Astoria)
At a Glance
- beautiful location
- classy dining
- stylish surroundings
- sky-high prices
- frequent security checks due to VIPs
- a bit far from the metro
- no pool but use of one at nearby hotel
Check Rates from our Partners
Astoria (Otel Astoria) Review
An art-nouveau landmark, one of St. Petersburg's most renowned hotels before the Revolution, is once again a luxurious place to stay, with magnificently decorated guest quarters overlooking St. Isaac's Square through tall windows. Downstairs, lovely lounges are filled with antiques, the Davidoff restaurant serves Russian classics, and a spa and fitness center are state of the art. A staff well accustomed to attending to celebrities and heads of state delivers service fit for royalty.
- Address: 39 ul. Bolshaya Morskaya, Admiralteisky, St. Petersburg, 190000 | Map It
- Phone: 812/494–5757
- Website: www.thehotelastoria.com
- Metro: Sennaya Ploshchad, Spasskaya, Sadovaya, or Admiralteyskaya.
- Location: Admiralteisky
- 81 rooms, 87 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more