- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This spacious, and welcoming kosher restaurant has been a hit with cosmopolitans and a nonreligious crowd since it opened. In a spacious basement of the St. Petersburg Great Choral Synagogue, LeChaim serves generous portions of Jewish cuisine at modest prices. Try chicken schnitzel or trout fillet wrapped in grape leaves. The restaurant can be difficult to find, since its doorway is discreetly marked. It is often booked for weddings and other events that take place in the synagogue, so call ahead.
- Address: 2 Lermontovsky pr., Admiralteisky, St. Petersburg, 190121
- Phone: 812/972-2774
- Metro: Sennaya Ploschad, Sadovaya.
- Location: St. Petersburg
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sat.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- ASAP Tickets Sale! Flights to Saint Petersburg From 497 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 4-Star Park Inn St. Petersburg, Nevsky Prospect Fr $193+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $199/night less
- St. Petersburg Savings! Book at Nevsky Central Fr $246+/Nt Expedia
- Super Savings on St. Petersburg 7 Nts Htl + Air Fr $1,196 Travelocity
- Hot Deal on a 27 Nt Cruise! Seabourn Cruise Line Fr $5,499 Expedia
This is a series of Trip reports that I originally posted on Trip Advisor. Read more
Hello. Read more
Hello. Read more
· News & Features
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours?... Read more
Feeling that Olympics fever?... Read more
From Arkansas to Nicaragua, we've got our ear to the ground when it comes to the hottest new hotels.... Read more