The street named for architect Carlo Rossi, the Italian architect who designed many of the classical buildings in St. Petersburg, has extraordinary proportions: it's bounded by two buildings of exactly the same height, its width (72 feet) equals the height of the buildings, and its length is exactly 10 times its width. A complete view unfolds only at the end of the street, where it meets ploshchad Lomonosov. The perfect symmetry is reinforced by the identical facades of
the two buildings, which are painted the same yellow and both decorated with impressive white pillars. One of the buildings here, at Number 2, is the legendary Vaganova Ballet School (founded in 1738), whose pupils included Karsavina as well as Pavlova, Nijinsky, Ulanova, Baryshnikov, and Nureyev.
St. Petersburg, 191069, Russia