- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
F.M. Dostoyevsky Literary-Memorial Museum (Literaturno Memorialnyi Muzey Fyodora Dostoyevskovo)
F.M. Dostoyevsky Literary-Memorial Museum (Literaturno Memorialnyi Muzey Fyodora Dostoyevskovo) Review
Here, in the last place in which he lived, Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1821–81) wrote The Brothers Karamazov. Dostoyevsky preferred to live in the part of the city inhabited by the ordinary people who populated his novels. He always insisted that the windows of his workroom overlook a church, as they do in this simple little house that has been remodeled to look as it did at the time Dostoyevsky and his family lived here. Perhaps the most interesting section of the museum deals with the writer's stay in prison in the Peter and Paul Fortress, and his commuted execution.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more