- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
Gostiny Dvor Review
The city's oldest and largest shopping center was built in the mid-18th century. It has a few upscale boutiques and is also a good place to find souvenirs, such as matryoshka (nesting dolls), at some of the best prices in the city (look in the shops along Nevsky to the right of the metro entrance). The second floor houses a string of multibrand boutiques selling women's and men's clothes from famous European designers as well as housewares. Gostinka, as Gostiny Dvor is also known, also has some stores with cheaper prices; it can be a good place to buy winter clothing, such as fur hats. The store, open daily from 10 until 10, is in the center of town, and is easily reached by the metro—the station opening into the shop is named in its honor.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more