- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This region lies to the northeast of Vladimirskaya and includes the Smolny cathedral. The Kirov Islands (north of the city), the Southern Suburbs, and the Vyborg Side (in the northeast corner of the city) have just a few sights. Luckily, that gives visitors to this neighborhood less of a touristy experience and more of a unique taste of Russian life, including interesting music venues and funky shops.
Liteiny/Smolny at a Glance
- Bolshoi Puppet Theater
- Cafe Sunduk
- Children's and Youth Philharmonic (Filarmonia Sankt Peterburga dlya detei I yunoshestva)
- JFC Jazz Club
Elsewhere in St. Petersburg
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's