St. Petersburg Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
St. Petersburg Hotel Reviews
The city's capacity for overnight visitors is small, but growing. By 2010 St. Petersburg plans to have added dozens of new hotels. What the city especially lacks are two- and three-star hotels, which would be a welcome alternative to the predominance of expensive ones, although mid-range hotels are opening all the time.
On an organized tour, you're likely to land in one of the old Intourist standbys, which used to belong to the Soviet tourist agency that enjoyed a monopoly. Most U.S. and British tour operators take advantage of the discounted rates at the Moskva, the Pribaltiyskaya, or the St. Petersburg. The main reason to choose one of these hotels is their lower rates; note that many of them are not convenient to the major attractions. Almost all of the hotels with Web sites have online booking facilities, though you should confirm via phone.
An expanding number of realty agents can organize a suitable and safe apartment rental, usually in the center of the city. The prices for such apartments usually run the level of three-star hotels, but they often have much more space. Another budget stay option is the mini-hotel; they are as close as Russia gets to bed-and-breakfasts.
Browse St. Petersburg Hotels
Browse St. Petersburg Hotels By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Russia Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Resplendent Russia IExplore
- Russia: MiG 29 Flight Programs — $16,600 IExplore
- Legend of the Russian Czars — $4,995 IExplore