There are no health issues particular to Sochi, but keep in mind that Russia’s notoriously bad healthcare system gets worse the farther from Moscow you go. Those familiar with the area recommend avoiding the local clinics. A new hospital under construction in the Rosa Khutor resort, set to open for the Olympic Games, is your best bet in case of any health emergency. There are many pharmacies around Sochi, which stock the same brands that are available in big chain pharmacies in Moscow.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's