- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Central Market Review
Local produce, honey, meat, cheese, and other delicacies are sold here. Be sure to try the churchkhela, a sweet, southern Russian snack made of walnut halves on a string covered by flour-thickened grape juice, which is sun-dried. When bargaining for goods, be sure to head to the inner rows to get a better price. The market is connected to the Alexandria Mall, where you can shop for international brands such as Levi's and Guess. Much like everything else in the city, the market (which has been around since the 1930s) is undergoing renovations before the Olympics. Once the construction is finished, Central Market will be housed in a modern five-story building.
- Address: 22 Moskovskaya ul., Center City, Sochi
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. 8:45 am-5:45 pm
- Location: Sochi
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more