New Jerusalem Monastery
Far from the crowds, yet enticingly close to Moscow, this grandiose monastery is surrounded by captivating Russian countryside, a marvelous setting for walks. On a long summer's day, this would be an ideal afternoon outing from Moscow. It's close enough that you could devote the morning to seeing city sights, then spend the afternoon here in the country.
New Jerusalem Monastery at a Glance
Elsewhere in Side Trips from Moscow
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe