Side Trips from Moscow Travel Guide
Plan Your Side Trips from Moscow Vacation
Easy day trips into the Moscow environs bring you to some fascinating monasteries, including Russia's most popular place of pilgrimage, Troitse-Sergieva Lavra, and several important cultural sights, among them novelist Leo Tolstoy's estate in Yasnaya Polyana. Trips a bit farther afield into river valleys north and east of Moscow bring you to ancient Russian towns that make up what is commonly called the "Golden Ring."
You'll find relatively few restaurants in many of these towns, largely because Russians don't dine out that frequently. The most reliable restaurants are...read more
Things To Do in Side Trips from Moscow
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Now48° F Clear 62% Humidity April 20, 2014 at 4:30PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's