This square, which dates to 1792, was named for the street, but in 1918 it was renamed Sovetskaya (Soviet) Ploshchad. In 1994 its historical name, Tverskaya, was reinstated. In the small park here stands a statue of Prince Yuri Dolgoruky, the founder of Moscow in 1147. The equestrian statue was erected in 1954, shortly after the celebrations marking Moscow's 800th anniversary. One of the city's most popular bookstores, called simply Moskva, is just north of the square, on the east side of Tverskaya ulitsa.
Moscow, 125009, Russia