- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
At a Glance
- stylish, comfortable rooms
- close to many restaurants and metro stations
- poor views
- impersonal service
Check Rates from our Partners
Mamaison Pokrovka Review
Rooms at this rather puzzling place at the end of winding ulitsa Pokrovka, all of them suites, pull off that elusive combination of poshness and comfort; there's lots of empty square feet to stretch out in and many have well-equipped kitchens. The lobby, with circular violet-and-gold couches that evoke flying saucers, is a refreshing contrast to the humdrum facade. Through a glass door across from reception, a restaurant with hanging steel-globe lamps and blob-shaped couches keep you aboard the starship. The staff can seem less than affable and there's no view to speak of from any room, but the neighborhood is peaceful as well as close to the center.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more