- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
At a Glance
- very spacious, clean, and well-lit rooms
- famous Russian restaurant, Yar, on premises
- a 15-minute walk to the metro
- a bit noisy
Check Rates from our Partners
Sovietsky Historical Review
Plunge into Soviet-era grandeur at what even Russian guests consider to be a "time machine, " with marble columns, comfortable sofas, Socialist realist art, grand chandeliers, and a "shabby chic" ethos in the high-ceilinged guest rooms. Public areas are extremely well maintained, while guest quarters are spotless but charmingly outdated. Service is generally gracious, but stumbles at times.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more