- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
Yeliseyevsky (yeli'seyefskiy) Review
Historic, sumptuous, upscale—this turn-of-the-20th-century grocery store is the star of ulitsa Tverskaya, and even if you're not feeling hungry, the spectacle makes it well worth a visit. An art nouveau interior in a late-18th-century classical mansion sparkles with chandeliers, stained glass, and gilt wall decorations. Among the fine products here are cognac, Armenian berry juices, Russian chocolate, and candy of all sorts. This is one of the best places to buy freshly baked goods, caviar, and sturgeon. You'll find favorite Russian rye breads and a wide variety of croissants, brioches, and seven-grain loaves. A separate souvenir department offering traditional crafts such as lacquered boxes and toys is located at the back of the store.
- Address: 14 ul. Tverskaya, Ulitsa Tverskaya, Moscow, 125009
- Phone: 495/650–4643
- Metro: Pushkinskaya or Tverskaya.
- Location: Ulitsa Tverskaya
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are a couple in our late 60's planning an 8 day trip to Moscow and St. Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more