- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
Marco Polo Presnja
At a Glance
- art-lined halls and rooms
- near cafés and bars
- some unfriendly staff
- some guest rooms are small and a bit dark
- room rates rather high for amenities offered
Check Rates from our Partners
Marco Polo Presnja Review
Once a former residence for English teachers then later the exclusive domain of the Communist Party, this hotel has many rooms with balconies overlooking a quiet green residential neighborhood near Patriarch's Ponds. In warm months, the inner courtyard is an attractive place to relax. This is an intriguing choice for those interested in the Soviet era: the auditorium was once the movie house where party insiders came to see Western films unavailable to most Muscovites.
- Address: 9 per. Spiridonevsky, Ulitsa Bolshaya Nikitskaya, Moscow, 123104 | Map It
- Phone: 495/660–0606; 499/244–3631
- Website: www.presnja.ru
- Metro: Mayakovskaya or Pushkinskaya.
- Location: Ulitsa Bolshaya Nikitskaya
- 54 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more