- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
At a Glance
- great location
- nice Old World ambiance
- Soviet-style service can be a bit indifferent
- dated decor
Check Rates from our Partners
What opened in 1876 as a club for noblemen became a hotel for visiting Soviet bureaucrats to stay while on official business and now is a homey if somewhat outdated place to stay in the city center with high ceilings, skirted bedspreads, and tasseled lampshades. A restaurant serves a conservative range of European dishes, there's a cozy bar, and just up the block there's Gogol, a trendy and inexpensive café that serves traditional Russian food. The Kremlin is also just a short walk away.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more