- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pirogi na Nikolskoy
Pirogi na Nikolskoy Review
Cheap and bohemian, Pirogi na Nikolskoy is part of the O.G.I. (the initials stand for United Humanitarian Publisher who opened a chain of restaurant-café-bar-bookshops in Moscow) chain of inexpensive restaurant-clubs popular among students, the hip, and those who never grow old. The chain is open 24 hours and usually has a small, upmarket bookshop attached. This cellar location is simple but cheerful. Don't expect great service or a smoke-free zone but do expect a good atmosphere, decent food—the beef Stroganoff is worth a try—and a pleasant surprise when you get the bill. The best O.G.I. for location is this one at the end of Tretyakovsky proyezd, a fine juxtaposition as it's one of Moscow's most expensive streets, a few hundred yards from the Kremlin.
- Address: 19/21 Nikolskaya ul., Kremlin/Red Square, Moscow,
- Phone: 495/621-5827
- Metro: Ploshchad Revolutsii.
- Location: Kremlin/Red Square
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
This is a series of Trip reports that I originally posted on Trip Advisor. Read more
Hello. Read more
Hello. Read more
· News & Features
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? ... Read more
Feeling that Olympics fever?... Read more
From Arkansas to Nicaragua, we've got our ear to the ground when it comes to the hottest new hotels.... Read more