Built between 1679 and 1682 and remaining open throughout the years of Communist rule, what looks like a frosted gingerbread house has been well preserved. The elegant bell tower is particularly impressive, and five gilded domes sit atop a white facade with tangerine and forest-green trim. In fact, the design was meant to suggest a festive piece of woven cloth, for weavers who settled in considerable numbers in this quarter in the 17th century commissioned the building
of this church. The interior, containing a wealth of icons, is one of the most ornate in the city.
Komsomolsky pr. and ul. Lva Tolstovo, Moscow, 119034, Russia