- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Church of St. Simon the Stylite (Tserkov Simeona Stolpnika)
Church of St. Simon the Stylite (Tserkov Simeona Stolpnika) Review
This bright white 17th-century church stands out in stark contrast to the modern architecture that dominates the area. During the reconstruction of the neighborhood in the 1960s, many old churches and buildings were destroyed, but this one was left purposely standing as a reminder of the past. For years it housed a conservation museum, but now it's been returned to the Orthodox Church and is active. Nothing remains, however, of the original interiors.
- Address: 4 ul. Novy Arbat, Arbat, Moscow, 119019
- Phone: No phone
- Metro: Arbatskaya.
- Location: Arbat
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hello first of all I'd apreciate A LOT if someone can instruct me or advise me in the following things:
I'm going for and exchange to St. Petersburg, Russia in january and my dad is kind of nervous abou Read more
· News & Features
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky ... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours?... Read more