Church of the Deposition of the Virgin's Robe (Tserkov Rizopolozheniya)
Church of the Deposition of the Virgin's Robe (Tserkov Rizopolozheniya) Review
This single-dome church was built in 1484–86 by masters from Pskov. It was rebuilt several times and restored to its 15th-century appearance by Soviet experts in the 1950s. Brilliant frescoes dating to the mid-17th century cover the church's walls, pillars, and vaults. The most precious treasure is the iconostasis by Nazary Istomin. On display inside the church is an exhibit of ancient Russian wooden sculpture from the Kremlin collection.