- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Moscow & St. Petersburg
At a Glance
- excellent views of the city and the neighboring pond from upper floors
- bargain prices
- far away from the center and most tourist sights
- standard rooms are small
Check Rates from our Partners
Gamma-Delta Izmailovo Review
This mammoth complex comprises four hotels: Alfa, Beta, Gamma, and Delta, with the last two most commonly used by foreigners and, though the Soviet past is much in evidence, offering well-maintained rooms with modern furnishings. A two-minute walk from the lively Izmailovsky flea market, this is a convenient place for the serious souvenir shopper. It's also adjacent to a metro station, close to Izmailovo Royal Estate, and near Izmailovsky Park, one of the biggest in the city; otherwise this is a trek from most tourist sights. Staff members treat guests reciprocally, so be convivial if you want good service.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
You guys were very helpful while planning, and during, our last trip (7 weeks to Turkey and Greece last spring), so I'd like your thoughts and suggestions while planning our next trip.
We're planning Read more
· News & Features
Theme restaurants around the world are racing to one-up each other, in hopes of debuting something outlandish ... Read more
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more