- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chekhov House Museum (Dom-muzey Chekhova)
Chekhov House Museum (Dom-muzey Chekhova) Review
The sign "Dr. Chekhov" still hangs from the door of this home where Chekhov resided from 1886 to 1890. The rooms are arranged as they were when he lived here, and some of the furniture, such as two sturdy desks covered in green felt, belonged to the author's family. One room showcases photos and memorabilia from Chekhov's trek to the island of Sakhalin in the Russian Far East. Overall, the materials on display at the museum are not particularly enthralling, so unless you are a Chekhov diehard, this is far from an essential stop.
- Address: 6 ul. Sadovaya-Kudrinskaya, Ulitsa Bolshaya Nikitskaya, Moscow, 123001
- Phone: 495/691–6345
- Cost: 100R
- Hours: Tues., Wed., Fri.–Sun.11–6; Thurs. 1–8; closed last day of the month.
- Metro: Barrikadnaya.
- Location: Ulitsa Bolshaya Nikitskaya
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Hi, I need to figure out a daytime train from Moscow to St Petersburg. Read more
· News & Features
Already in the spotlight for the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics, Sochi, Russia, is also getting a swanky... Read more
Earlier this summer, a a 19th Century royal palace in Russia's capital city of St.... Read more
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours?... Read more