You'll usually have no trouble getting a taxi at a train or bus station in these towns, which is important, because the stations are often far from the town center. Most of the towns are small enough to be navigated easily on foot, but a taxi may be a desirable alternative to short bus trips (e.g., from Vladimir out to Bogolyubovo, from Vladimir to Suzdal, or from Tula to Yasnaya Polyana).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Russia Experience IExplore
- Resplendent Russia IExplore
- Russia: MiG 29 Flight Programs — $16,600 IExplore
- Legend of the Russian Czars — $4,995 IExplore
- Resplendent Russia — $8,695 IExplore